Jakarta Youth and Sports Agency (Dispora) through Student Sports Training Center (PPOP) opens opportunities for students in Indonesia who have talents and achievements in sports to become DKI Jakarta student athletes.
" PPOP athlete candidates should take this opportunity well to show your competence and potentials"
First, candidates of PPOP DKI Jakarta 2021 student athletes are invited to register online from March 19 to May 19, 2021. Next, administrative selection will be carried out on May 24, 2021; competency selection on May 27-31; and candidates who have passed the test will be announced on June 8, 2021.
Jakarta Youth and Sports Agency Head, Achmad Firdaus said, DKI Jakarta PPOP student athletes registration is open for students from Jakarta and outside Jakarta, both alumnus of Sustainable Achievement Sports Development (POPB) and non-POPB.
"Sports is competency and potential, for students from outside Jakarta, they must be willing to be trained as coached athletes who represent DKI Jakarta in various competitions. Students who pass the selection will be coached athletes of Jakarta Government," he said, Thursday (4/1).
According to him, there is no limit to the number of applicants for DKI Jakarta POPP student athletes. But selection is still carried out to adjust the needs of athletes in number of sports.
"Every year, there are students athletes who graduate, meaning it should be filled. If they haven't graduated and still students at PPOP, it means the quota doesn't increase," he conveyed.
He assessed that the advantage of being student athletes at DKI Jakarta POPP is being able to use various world-class facilites that are currently owned.
Besides, sports coaching pattern is sustainable. It means PPOP graduate student athletes have opportunity to continue to Student Education and Training Center (PPLM) or even to Regional Training Center (Pelatda).
"PPOP athlete candidates should take this opportunity well to show your competence and potentials," he added.
Jakarta Youth and Sports Agency's PPOP Head, Wisnu Dewanto mentioned, 73 PPOP athletes will graduate this year, thus it is likely that 73 students will be accepted later.
"We have 22 sports, but the slots for new admissions are only 17 sports," he stated.
For information, requirements for PPOP athlete candidates are as follows;
1. Indonesian citizens, with student status and members of sports clubs / college sport
2. Have certificates of Champion I, II, or III at provincial level and Champion I at city / regency level according to sport that is being participated in
3. Fill out online registration form
4. Certificate that supports proof of achievement (shows the original when passes the selection)
5. Letter of statement from school that the person concerned is still a student
6. Diploma / STTB and latest report cards that have been legalized
7. Certificate from clubs / colleges in DKI Jakarta Province according to the sport being participated in
8. Recommendation letter from Jakarta Pengprov / Asprov according to the sport being participated in
9. Birth certificate (shows it when passes the selection)
10. Family card
11. Certificate of healthy body, complete with height and weight from Regional Government Hospitals or health centers (puskesmas)
12. Drug-Free Certificate from the National Narcotics Agency, Regional Government Hospital or Health Center when declared to have passed selection as PPOP Athlete.
13. Recent photos of whole body, wearing complete clothes according to the sport that is being followed.
14. Statement letter from parents/guardians to accept the decision results set by Selection Committee with stamp Rp 10,000 (according to format which downloaded at ppop-dispora.jakarta.go.id/blog/detail/3629/persyaratan-calon-atlet-ppop-2020) and submitted the original when taking the test.
15. Uploading all required documents at ppop-dispora.jakarta.go.id/blog/detail/3629/persyaratan-calon-atlet-ppop-2020
16. Bring all original documents which required when declared pass the selection.
17. If it turns out that candidate caught manipulating data or documents, they will be declared failed and replaced by next athlete candidates.