Preventing Crowds, Vaccination for Elderly People in Makasar Divided into 7 Sessions

Reporter : Nurito | Editor : Maria Inggita | March 1st, 2021 10:13 PM 22:13 WIB | Dibaca 92 kali
Preventing Crowds, Vaccination for Elderly People in Makasar Divided into 7 Sessions (Foto : Nurito / Beritajakarta.id)

In order to prevent crowds, the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination program for 300 elderly residents at SDN 06 Makasar, East Jakarta was divided into 7 sessions, on Monday (3/1).

" We divide this vaccination program into seven sessions thus it can run in orderly and comply with health protocols"

Based on Beritajakarta.id monitoring, elderly people who participated in this vaccination were seen sitting on benches on the ground floor. They queued in orderly waiting for their turn to be injected with vaccine. Starting from registration, health screening, vaccine administration, to post-vaccine observation.

Makasar Sub-district Head, Kamal Alatas who monitored vaccination activity said, 98 percent of 300 elderly residents who were registered had attended. It showed that residents were very enthusiastic about participating in this vaccination program. The remaining 2 percent didn't attend due to many factors, such as sick or other purposes.

"We divide this vaccination program into seven sessions thus it can run in orderly and comply with health protocols," he asserted.

According to him, total number of elderly people who were targeted for vaccination in this region is 15,437 people. While vaccination is targeted to finish in April.

"The main obstacle we encountered in the field is that many elderly people who have comorbidities. Thus they fail to be vaccinated and have to wait for their physical condition to return to normal," he mentioned.

Meanwhile, his side deployed 25 joint personnel to monitor this vaccination which involved Satpol PP, civil servants (ASN), TNI/Police, and PPSU.

"We deploy 10 health workers to serve elderly residents who are vaccinated today," he stated.

TOP