Jakarta Maritime, Agriculture and Food Security (KPKP) Agency holds a cheap food program with Perumda Pasar Jaya in several traditional markets.
" This is an effort to help people get cheap, affordable food with good quality"
Jakarta KPKP Agency Acting Head Suharini Eliawati said, cheap food will take place from January 12-25 at 35 locations. In each location, cheap food will be held for two days.
"This is an effort to help people get cheap, affordable food with good quality. This is also part of efforts to stabilize food prices," she said, Tuesday (1/12).
Here is the schedule of cheap food programs at 35 traditional markets in January, as follow:
1. January 12-13
- Cengkareng Market, Palmerah Market, Jatinegara Market, Pluit Market and Bendungan Hilir Urban Village
2. January 14-15
- Petojo Ilir Market, Pulogadung Market, Kalideres Market, Pademangan Timur Market and Cempaka Putih Barat Urban Village
3. January 16-17
- Cijantung Market, Cijantung, Rawamangun, Pos Pengumben Market, Cipete Market and Pesanggrahan Urban Village
4. January 18-19
- Keboyaran Lama Market, Rawa Badak Market, Pondok Labu Market, Mampang Prapatan Market and Pademangan Timur Urban Village
5. January 20-21
- Pesanggarahan Market, Kali Baru Market, Koja Market, Tomang Barat Market and Tebet Barat Urban Village
6. January 22-23
- Tebet Barat Market, Cibubur Market, Tanah Abang Market, Cempaka Putih Market and Manggarai Selatan Urban Village
7. January 24-25
- Lenteng Agung Market, Klender SS, Sunday Market, Metro Atom Market and Kalideres Urban Village
The staple goods sold include, 5-kg rice Rp 44,000, onions Rp 23,000 per kg, garlic Rp 17,500 per kg, sugar Rp 12,000 per kg, chicken eggs Rp 23,000 per kg, frozen beef Rp 70,000-80,000 per kg, frozen chicken Rp 30,000 per kg and cooking oil Rp 11,000 per 900 milliliter.
"The price is definitely far from the market price, good quality and cheap. For the price of red chili peppers sold for Rp 56,000 per kg and curly red chilies sold for Rp 46,000 per kg," he stated.