Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan attended and presented awards to the press in the Mohammad Hoesni (MH) Thamrin Journalistic Award 2020, which was held virtually, on Monday (11/2).
" Keep making Jakarta to work, so many incidents in Jakarta have become wisdom in other places"
In that occasion, seven winners from seven categories were determined with a publication on July 1, 2019 to May 30, 2020.
The works that take part in the competition were journalistic works published on July 1, 2019 to May 30, 2020 and were divided into 7 categories, namely Text Journalism Products, Photos, Terrestrial Television Station Videos, Streaming Television Mass Media Videos, Audio Journalism, Journalism Infographics, and Editorials.
In his speech, the governor gave his appreciation to the event organizers who professionally provided assessments as well as participants who had turned the events in Jakarta into news products that were worthy of the public's enjoyment.
"This achievement reflects the hard work of the jury in maintaining credibility. Thank you for reviewing so many submitted works and selecting the best. Second, for the winners, we are grateful for having recorded various events in Jakarta into the news and it has elements of the intellectual life of the nation," he added, as quoted by Jakarta PPID's press release, Monday (11/2).
He wanted the works produced to be able to be enjoyed nationally and internationally.
"Keep making Jakarta to work, so many incidents in Jakarta have become wisdom in other places. This is because the audience is all over Indonesia, whatever is done here will have national implications," he explained.
Therefore he advised to consider the language in the language of delivery in the journalistic language so that the work has a wider audience.
"start using English subtitles thus our work must be understood by the global community, as Jakarta is a world player and Jakarta wants to be a city with a global audience," he furthered.
He also hoped that journalists could also use words taken from regional languages thus the implications can enrich Indonesian. He cited the use of the word Lingko as a word taken from the language of the Manggarai people.
"I hope that my journalist friends enrich Indonesian. Surely we support it," he stressed.
As for the information, the Mohammad Hoesni Thamrin Journalistic Award is an annual competition, which is collaboration between the Jakarta Provincial Government and the Jakarta Indonesian Journalists Association (PWI). Judging involved a Jury consisting of seven panelists from PWI Jaya from August 26 to September 14.
In this 46th implementation, journalistic works related to disaster dominated it. It was in accordance with the conditions in Jakarta which experienced flooding in early January 2020. The seven journalistic product categories contested were Text Journalism Products, Photos, Terrestrial Television Station Videos, Streaming Television Mass Media Videos, Audio Journalism, Infographic Journalism, and Editorial Plans.
The list of nominees and main winners of the MH Thamrin Journalism Award are:
A. Audio Journalism Product Category
1. Disaster Mitigation Challenges of MRT Jakarta Phase 2 Project, Responding to World Challenges - RRI (Main Winner)
2. Damin, Setia guards a historic island that never resting - RRI
3. Current Urbanization: The Sweet Story of Jakarta, which Always Invites Ants from the Village - El Shinta
B. Photo Journalistic Product Categories
1. Looking at the place to order food using a bucket rope in the capital city - detik.com (main winner)
2. River Cleaning Officer - Kompas
3. When Floods Attack Capital City Transportation - Bisnis.com
C. Infographics Journalism Category
1. Jakarta COVID-19 Monitoring Data - medcom.id (Main Winner)
2. Flood Aid Fund for Flood Victims in Jakarta - antaranews.com
3. Flood Victims in Jakarta, Banten & West Java - tempo.co.id
D. Product Category of Streaming Television Mass Video Journalism
1. Blocking Jakarta Floods - kumparan.com (Main Winner)
2. Complete Solution for Jakarta Floods - tempo.co
3. Jakarta is the key to the first day of PSBB in Jakarta - Indonesian media
E. Terrestrial Tv Station Video Journalism Product Category (Main Winner)
1. Aiman - Giant Flood in Jabodetabek (Greater Jakarta) - Kompas TV
2. Floods Goes Blasphemy Comes Fact - TV One
3. Two Sides Ondel-Ondel - Metro TV
F. Editorial Category
1. Overcome City Inequality - Koran Tempo (Main Winner)
2. Sengkarut Monas - Media Indonesia
3. Cities and Interaction Spaces - Koran Sindo
G. Text Journalism Product Category
1. Outbreak and Waste in the Capital - Antaranews.com (Main Winner)
2. Maintaining the Legacy of a Piece of Time in Cikini - Kompas
2. Capital City Preparing to Lock Down - Koran Tempo