Jakarta Provincial Government through Satpol PP monitored Large-scale Social Restrictions (PSBB) implementation by imposing sanctions for the violators simultaneously in five municipalities on Sunday (5/17). This action was targeted restaurants that provide dine-in facility and hotels which still provide facilities such as restaurants and lounge.
" Violators will get sanctions in accordance with applicable law"
It was in line with Jakarta Gubernatorial Regulation (Pergub) No. 41/2020 concerning Imposition of Sanctions Against PSBB Violations in Handling COVID-19 in DKI Jakarta.
Jakarta Satpol PP Head, Arifin expected, by imposing sanctions on PSBB violators, especially in business sector, the business owners can cooperate with government by complying with PSBB regulations in order to support acceleration for COVID-19 handling and prevent the transmission in Jakarta.
"There is consequence in every actions. Violators will get sanctions in accordance with applicable law. Thus we continue to monitor people's activities thus PSBB program can run well," he mentioned, Monday (5/18), as quoted from Jakarta PPID Press Release.
So far, Satpol PP has imposed administrative sanctions on 15 restaurants as regulated in Article 7 Pergub No. 41/2020 with total fine around Rp 5-10 million and Rp 25-50 million for hotel as regulated in Article 8 Pergub 41/2020. Here are list of hotels and restaurants that have been sanctioned by Satpol PP;
A. West Jakarta
Three Restaurants in Novotel Hotel area, Jalan Hayam Wuruk, Taman Sari Sub-district,
a. Izakaya Jiro Restaurant
b. Cafetaria Restaurant
c. Token Restaurant
B. South Jakarta
1. Coffee Lounge, Jl. Senopati Kebayoran Baru.
2. Restaurant facility at Aston Hotel on Jalan TB. Simatupang, Ps. Minggu.
3. Dim Sum Inc. Restaurant, Jl. Kemang Raya, Mampang Prapatan.
4. Awtar Restaurant, Jl. Kemang Raya.
C. North Jakarta
1. Holliday Inn / Lounge and Resto facilities, Jl. Sunter, Tj Priok.
2. Malacca Toast Resto, Jl. Sunter Agung Tj. Priok.
3. RM Ikan Nilla Goreng, Jl. Boulevard Raya.
D. Central Jakarta
1. Kopi Master, Jl. Raden Saleh Raya, No. 45 C, Menteng Sub-district.
2. Upnormal, Jl. Raden Saleh Raya.
3. Grand Batik Inn Hotel, Jl.Karang Anyar, Sawah Besar Sub-district.
E. East Jakarta
1. RM Gurame, Jl. Pemuda, Rawamangun.
2. RM Ayam Goreng Suharti, Jalan Pemuda, Rawamangun.
Sanctions began to be strictly enforced to the violators since May 14, 2020, where Satpol PP imposed sanction on McDonald Sarinah, Central Jakarta. It also imposed for people who are not wearing mask when doing activities outside by imposing social sanctions through cleaning public facilities while wearing PSBB violator vest to give deterrent effect.