Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan met Polda Metro Jaya Chief Insp. Gen. Nana Sudjana and Pangdam Jaya, Maj. Gen. Eko Margiyono in a work meeting to discuss COVID-19 handling together with SKPD heads, mayors, sub-district heads and urban village heads in Jakarta. It was held at the Jakarta Education Agency Building, South Jakarta, Thursday (3/19).
We need to equalize measures and actions to minimize the spread of this virus
On that occasion, the governor conveyed the need to equalize measures and actions in handling the virus outbreaks in all city regions. He urged all ranks to intensify socialization about how to anticipate the spread of coronavirus towards citizens.
"We need to equalize measures and actions to minimize the spread of this virus. In Jakarta itself, we have 267 urban village heads, 44 sub-district heads, as well as 6 mayors and regents," he expressed, as quoted by Jakarta PPID's press release.
He went on to say that coronavirus was a serious outbreak and something very serious. One of them was is stay home. "Nevertheless, please don't leave Jakarta, except urgent. Don't do any activities for three weeks ahead. Today defending the country is by staying home," he explained.
In the meantime, anticipatory preventive measures that can be taken by regional heads throughout Jakarta, as follows;
1. Coordinate and instruct all government apparatus and community in each region to hold socialization to all citizens while protecting themselves
2. Make sure each family has access to a washing area with soapy water
3. Do mapping and data collection of citizens who are or have recently returned from the infected country
4. Setting up temporary quarantine facilities in each urban village if there are citizens who have the potential to be exposed and cannot do quarantine in their own homes
5. Reduce and suspend to hold or visit gathering activities such as festival, pengajian (Quran reading gathering), sports match
6. Ensure receptions take steps to prevent the virus spreads (see marriage guides, parties etc.)
7. Provide official information and guidance, as well as ward off hoax news and information
8. Coordinate with leaders and Health agencies
And the socialization called for citizens, as follows;
1. Ask all regional instruments for dissemination to the public, to continue to protect themselves
2. Stay home, except urgent need
3. Avoid contact in person
4. Share steps how to prevent COVID-10 transmission by doing:
- Wash hands for 20 second with running water and soap
- Don't touch face before washing hands
- Avoid physical contact such as a handshake, kiss on the cheek, etc
- Wear a mask
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or elbow folds when sneezing and coughing
5. Protect your kids to stay home
6. Do not travel outside the city
7. Keep active at home only
In the meantime, the Health Agency continued to provide the best services in combat the coronavirus. Based on the report dated on March 17 at 6 PM, its development as follows:
a. 2,088 people have accessed information call services 112 and COVID-19 Response Team dated on March 18
b. 180 patients are under monitoring (PDP) have been treated at the hospital and 194 are still being treated dated on March 18. In total, there are 374 people
c. 302 people are under monitoring (ODP) and 560 have been passed it. In total, there are 862 people
d. 4 people have been evacuated to AGD. In total, there are 32 people who are handled dated on March 18
So, for those of you who need more information related to COVID-19, you may access the city's official website at corona.jakarta.go.id or contact call center 112 or Jakarta Health Agency Post at 081388376955.