Because of electricity short circuit on water dispenser, Fortune Building on Jalan Buncit 10, Mampang Prapatan, South Jakarta, ravaged by fire, Thursday (9/25). There is no casualty in this incident, but many hajj pilgrim candidate documents and financial data of PT Talbia Bina Seksama travel company which located on the second floor of the building were burned.
The fire was allegedly happened because of electricity short circuit on the dispenser
Syafei (27), Fortune Building’s security officer, said the fire was first started on the second floor of the building at 6.15 AM and quickly burned the whole floor. There was no activity at that time because the employees have not come.
“The burned room was only the one on the second floor because the firemen extinguished the fire fast. The fire was allegedly happened because of electricity short circuit on the dispenser. At that time, the room was empty, there were only security officers on guard,” he uttered.
“Many hajj and umroh pilgrim candidate papers as well as financial documents were burned,” added Dewi (21), one of PT Talbia Bina Seksama employees.
To extinguish the fire, South Jakarta Fire and Disaster Handling Sub-Department deployed 15 fire trucks. After struggling for nearly two hours, the firemen finally extinguished the fire two hours later.