Jakarta Government has implemented three strategies to restore the economic activities, especially for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) that were most affected by the pandemic.
" The first is door-to-door service for MSMEs by utilizing licensing shuttle service with motorcycle (AJIB) and simplification of licensing requirements"
Those strategies were relaxation on applying for Micro Small Business Permit (IUMK), providing credit for beginners and distributing economic recovery funds by Bank DKI, and forming cooperatives in 12 priority villages.
Jakarta Secretary Assistant for Economy and Finance, Sri Haryati explained, IUMK was a breakthrough from PMPTSP to facilitate entrepreneurs in obtaining licensing services.
"The first is door-to-door service for MSMEs by utilizing licensing shuttle service with motorcycle (AJIB) and simplification of licensing requirements," he mentioned as quoted from Jakarta PPID press release, Wednesday (9/16).
In July 6 - September 8 period, as many as 43,950 IUMKs have been issued for both Jakpreneurs and non-assisted MSEs.
"From January to June, before the relaxation policy, PMPTSP only issued around 6,952 permits. But after relaxation, additional 43,950 permits were issued. It means, that in 2020, as many as 50,902 IUMKs were issued with total turnover recorded by MSEs reaching Rp 369 billion," she stated.
Related to lending program for beginners, she added, there are 'Monas 25 Jakpreneur' program and National Economy Recovery (PEN) lending program from Bank DKI. Those are expected to give benefits to MSMEs for their additional capital and investment.
"In September period, approximately 153 MSMEs are in process of applying for working capital loans with total distribution of Rp 38.8 billion. This figure will continue to grow. It is our effort thus all MSEs in Jakarta can take benefit from those lending programs," she said.
Third, a program initiated by PPKUKM Agency which facilitates the formation of cooperatives. There are 12 cooperatives that have been facilitated in priority villages, namely;
1. Akuarium Bangkit Mandiri Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Akuarium
2. Kumir Pinangsia Sejahtera Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Kumir
3. Komunitas Anak Kali Ciliwung Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Lodan
4. Komunitas Anak Kali Ciliwung Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Tongkol
5. Komunitas Anak Kali Ciliwung Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Kerapu
6. Marlina Maju Bersama Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Marlina
7. Elektrojaya Makmur Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Elektro
8. Gedung Pompa Mandiri Sejahtera Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Pompa
9. Kampung Rawamakmur Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Rawa Barat
10. Kampung Rawamakmur Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Rawa Timur
11. Kampung Muka Mandiri Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Muka
12. Langkong Bersinar Consumer Cooperative in Kampung Lengkong.
"Our purpose in establishing those legal cooperatives is to build and develop the economic potential of members in particular and society in general, in priority villages," she closed.