In a bid to improve its services to passengers, the operator of Transjakarta is set to provide e-money vending machine up to 236 units at 100 bus stops for better accessibility and integration of intermodal transportation for customers’ convenience. The machine installation has been ongoing since mid-July and is targeted to be complete by the end of August.
" Customers who want to buy a starter card or top up an electronic card can use cash"
The features that can be used on the machine include:
1. Check E-Money Card balances
2. Top Up E-Money Cards
3. Update E-Money Card Balance
4. Purchase of starter cards
5. Purchase of Starter and Top up cards via WhatsApp
6. Buy Cellular Pulses and Electric Tokens
7. Transactions using QR Code
PT Transjakarta Spokesperson Nadia Diposanjoyo said her party implemented a policy of removing reload service counters and card purchases using cash at all bus stop counters to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and e-money vending machines were available at several corridor bus stops tested for customer convenience.
"For the time being, the ongoing development process is only a transaction via a debit which is immediately proposed in the near future. Customers who want to buy a starter card or top up an electronic card can use cash," she expressed, Monday (7/27).
Further, to avoid transaction failure, customers must use cash in good conditions such as no tearing, no tangle, glued money, etc.
"For the purchase of starter packs currently available are Jak Lingko cards from Bank BNI, Bank Mandiri and Bank BRI. Purchase a card valued at Rp 30,000 with a balance of Rp 10,000," he stated.
Here are bus stops that have vending machines and can serve transactions:
1. Kota Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
2. Harmoni Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
3. Monas Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
4. Sarinah Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
5. Bundaran HI Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
6. Tosari Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
7. Karet Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
8. Bendungan Hilir Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
9. GBK Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
10. Bunderan Senayan Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
11. Blok M Bus Stop (Corridor 1)
12. Kalideres Bus Stop (Corridor 3)
13. Kp Melayu Bus Stop (Corridor 5)