Jakarta Governor, Anies Baswedan welcomed the arrival of Jakarta Integrated Task Force on Forest and Land Fires (TPB Karhutla) personnel at Great Hall (Balairung), City Hall, Tuesday (10/1).
" Thank you for your contribution"
Jakarta Integrated Task Force on Forest and Land Fires (TPB Karhutla) has finished the humanitarian mission in locations affected to smoke due to forest and land fires in Jambi, such as in Jambi City, Muaro Jambi Regency, and Tanjung Jabung Timur Regency on September 20-30, 2019.
In this chance, Anies gave his highest appreciation for their noble duty. He assessed that Jakarta Government is committed to help people and areas affected by disaster in Indonesia. Thus, Jakarta TPB Karhutla Task Force is a form of Jakarta Government's concern towards forest and land fires disaster happened in several provinces in Indonesia.
"Alhamdulillah, this afternoon we can welcome 39 personnel of Jakarta TPB Karhutla Task Force back to Jakarta after serving people in Jambi for 10 days. Thank you for your contribution. It is an honor. This is Indonesia, when our fellows suffer from disaster, we are all (in Jakarta) will take a part in helping them. It makes our unity become stronger. We really want feeling as a fellow citizen to grow and what we are doing yesterday is a part of maintaining and strengthening the unity," he stated as quoted by Jakarta PPID Press Conference.
For information, 79 personnel involved in Jakarta TPB Karhutla Task Force are consisting of:
1. Jakarta Provincial Disaster Management Agency (BPBD)
2. Fire Handling and Rescue Department
3. Health Department
4. Communication, Information, and Statistic Department
5. Social Department
6. Jakarta Secretary Administration Bureau
7. Jakarta Secretariat Governance Bureau
8. Jakarta Tagana
9. Then, supported by Jakarta Baznas Bazis; Jakarta Volunteer Squad for Disaster Management; and Bandung Technology Institute Supervision team.
Jakarta Provincial Disaster Management Agency Head, Subejo reported the completed tasks that have been done in Jambi:
1. Extinguishing forest and land fire in three areas, Puding Village, Sukobrajo Village, and Pemunduran Village of Muaro Jambi Regency.
2. Providing health service for 993 patients from seven villages: Puding Village, Sungai Bungur Village, Pematang Raman Village of Kumpeh Ilir Sub-district, Muaro Jambi Regency; Petanang Village, Pulau Mentaro Village, Betung Village, Mekarsari Village of Kumpeh Sub-district, Muaro Jambi Regency.
3. Installing five units of Oxygen House, 1 unit in Puskesmas PAL V of Jambi City, 2 units in Puskesmas Pematang Raman and Puskesmas Simpang of Tanjung Jabung Regency, and 2 units in Puskesmas Pastu and Puskesmas Puding of Muaro Jambi Regency.
4.Installing 43 smoke-resistant classrooms in 24 schools in three different city/regencies. 6 schools in Jambi City, 9 schools in Muaro Jambi Regency, and 9 schools in Tanjung Jabung Timur.
5. Distributing 13,000 masks in 10 locations. 7 locations in Jambi City, 2 locations in Muaro Jambi Regency, and 1 location in Tanjung Jabung Timur Regency.
Moreover, Anies appreciated Jambi citizens and government for accepting Jakarta TPB Karhutla Task Force with open arms.
"Alhamdulillah, I convey my gratitude and appreciation for Jambi Provincial Government and residents who have welcomed assistance from TPB Karhutla Task Force. Now, they have completed their tasks and return from Jambi. We will monitor its progress. I hope all hot spots could be managed well, both in Sumatera and Kalimantan. Jakarta Government will be always ready to coordinate with Ministry of Home Affairs if needed to be involved in handling smoke or fire," he explained.
This event wa also attended by Jakarta Secretary, Saefullah; Ministry of Home Affairs' Disaster and Fire Management Director, Safrizal; Jakarta Baznas Bazis Head, Luthfi Fathullah; Jakarta Government Officials; and Jakarta TPB Karhutla Task Force personnel.