The main thoroughfare in the capital city will be closed and diverted for Jakarta Muharram Festival, which falls on Saturday (8/31).
" Around 347 personnel will be alerted to the field to guide the motorists"
The traffic closure will be applied at 3 PM until 11.59 PM as follows:
1. Jalan MH Thamrin on the east and west sides (Sarinah Intersection until HI Roundabout)
2. Jalan Jendral Sudirman on the west side (Dukuh Atas until HI Roundabout)
3. Jalan Imam Bonjol (HI Roundabout until Jalan Agus Salim Intersection).
As for the traffic diversions are to happen in the following areas:
1. Vehicles from Jalan Wahid Hasyim on the east side, headed toward Jalan MH Thamrin will be straightened to west side of Jalan Wahid Hasyim
2. Vehicles from Jalan Kebon Kacang Raya toward HI Roundabout will be directed U-turn
3. From Jalan Teluk Betung towards Jalan Sudirman
4. From Jalan Imam Bonjol towards Jalan Pamekasan or turn right to Jalan Agus Salim
5. Vehicles from Semanggi toward HI Roundabout will be diverted to turn left (Dukuh Atas) to Jalan RM Margono Djodjohadikoesoemo
"Around 347 personnel will be alerted to the field to guide the motorists," said Jakarta Transportation Agency Head, Syafrin Liputo, Friday (8/30).
During the event, people could park vehicles in several locations including, IRTI Monas, Jalan Imam Bonjol, Park and Ride Thamrin 10 and Plaza Mandiri.
"So I call on road users to avoid the roads and follow the traffic diversion,” he said.