Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan, attended a plenary meeting for the swearing-in of new city legislative council members at positions 2019-2024 period, in the plenary meeting room, Central Jakarta, on Monday (8/26).
" Together we hope to collaborate in prioritizing the interests of Jakartans to feel progress in all its components"
In the meeting was led by city legislative council chairperson, Prasetyo Edi Marsudi, the governor expressed his readiness to collaborate with them.
"Together we hope to collaborate in prioritizing the interests of Jakartans to feel progress in all its components," said Anies, quoted by the Jakarta PPID press release.
The city administration would conduct the best performance in order to create Jakarta as a developed city and its citizens are happy according to the 2017-2022 mid-term regional development plan (RPJMD).
"Therefore let us together realize the vision and mission of the city development that is by involving local people for civilization, justice and prosperity," he explained.
In accordance with Act No. 31/2014 on local government, the legislative was placed as an element of local government organizer which partners equally with the regional head.
"We know that each nomination can't be separated from the element of political parties. However they must continue to promote widespread public interest in it, including on our city future," he stressed.
On the other hand, he asserted that this moment was the culmination of a whole series of simultaneous elections for the first time in the history of Indonesia and national politics which together with the presidential and its vice election, legislative member election, including regional representative council (DPD) and DPRD.
He also explained five missions listed in the 2017-2022 RPJMD, they are:
1. Making Jakarta as a safe, healthy, smart, cultured city by strengthening family values and providing space for creativity through leadership that engages, drives and humanizes
2. Making Jakarta as a city that promotes public welfare through creating jobs, stability and affordability for basic needs, increasing social justice, accelerating infrastructure development, facilitating investment and business and improving spatial management
3. Making Jakarta as a place for the state apparatus to work, serve and solve the city and citizens problems effectively, meritocratically and with integrity.
4. Making Jakarta as a sustainable city, with development and living arrangements that strengthen environmental and social carrying capacity
5. Making Jakarta as a dynamic capital city as a node of Indonesia's progress characterized by justice, nationality and diversity
He asserted that this embodiment would be realized through a strategy of justice and partiality oriented to citizens and interaction spaces, as well as presenting an effective bureaucracy and strengthening governance. His party would also encourage various development efforts to realize an advance capital and happy for its citizens.
"May Allah, always together with us to succeed the development of the city that truly brings justice and prosperity for its citizens," he closed.