" On September 9, we'll do repressive measures. At this time, we will take preventative measures at predetermined points"
The Jakarta Provincial Government has expanded the odd-even license plate traffic policy in the capital city by cooperating with Polda Metro Jaya, Jakarta Transportation Agency and Greater Jakarta Transportation Management Agency.
It acts to support the integrated public transportation and encourage Jakartans to convert to the public transport.
"It is applied after passing through a long evaluation on odd-even system for one semester yesterday. We also have analysis results on air quality improvement in regions that apply this system thus we decided to expand in four regions," expressed Jakarta Transportation Agency Head, Syafrin Liputo during press release at Jakarta City Hall, Wednesday (8/7).
The following are new odd-even routes in Jakarta:
1. Jalan Pintu Besar Selatan
2. Jalan Gajah Mada
3. Jalan Hayam Wuruk
4. Jalan Majapahit
5. Jalan Sisingamangaraja
6. Jalan Panglima Polim
7. Jalan Fatmawati (from intersection of Jalan Ketimun 1 - intersection of Jalan TB Simatupang)
8. Jalan Suryopranoto
9. Jalan Balikpapan
10. Jalan Kyai Caringin
11. Jalan Tomang Raya
12. Jalan Pramuka
13. Jalan Salemba Raya
14. Jalan Kramat Raya
15. Jalan Senen Raya
16. Jalan Gunung Sahari and
The closest intersection segment to the toll entrance and the toll exit segment to the nearest intersection
It will now be enforced from 6-10 AM and 4-9 PM, except national holidays.
He continued that socialization starts on August 7 until September 8, 2019 and trial on August 12 until September 6, 2019. It will be continued with evaluation stage and legal aspects preparation on August 26 until September 6, 2019. And it will officially operate on September 9, 2019.
But it has no affect on motorcycle, electric motorcycle, official vehicle belongs to army-police, fire truck, disability vehicle, goods vehicle for oil and gas fuels, country guest vehicle, diplomat vehicle, ambulance, as well as vehicles for certain purposes such as money transport vehicle (Bank Indonesia, interbank and ATM charging) with supervision from police.
Polda Metro Jaya Traffic Vice Director, AKBP I Made Agus Prasatya expressed his support for the policy.
"On September 9, we'll do repressive measures. At this time, we will take preventative measures at predetermined points," he stressed.
With this policy, the public can move to public transport services, such as Jakarta MRT (HI Roundabout - Lebak Bulus) and Transjakarta buses in the following areas;
- North : Corridor 5 (Kampung Melayu - Ancol), Corridor 9 (Pinang Ranti - Pluit), Corridor 10 (PGC Cililitan - Tanjung Priok), Corridor 12 (Tanjung Priok - Pluit);
- East : Corridor 2 (Pulo Gadung - Harmoni), Corridor 4 (Pulo Gadung - Dukuh Atas), Corridor 7 (Kampung Rambutan - Kampung Melayu), Corridor 9 (Pinang Ranti - Pluit), Corridor 11 (Kampung Melayu - Pulo Gebang);
- West : Corridor 3 (Kalideres - Harmoni), Corridor 13 (Cileduk - Blok M);
- South : Corridor 1 (Blok M - Kota), Corridor 6 (Ragunan - Dukuh Atas), Corridor 8 (Lebak Bulus - Harmoni).