Fire gutted a luxury house on Jalan Hang Jebat III No. 9, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, Friday (7/25). The incident broke out at around 8.30 AM.
"Temporary allegation, the fire was triggered by electricity short-circuit "
“Fire came out from the front room and immediately grew up,” said Rizal (25), the housekeeper.
Knowing there was fire, Rizal instantly asked for help to local residents. Luckily, South Jakarta Fire and Disaster Handling Sub-Department quickly arrived at the location.
As many as seven fire trucks were deployed to the scene. The firemen then immediately localized the hotspot in order to prevent the fire from spreading to other buildings.
In about 45 minutes, the firemen finally managed to control the flames. There are no fatalities reported in this incident, but the loss is estimated reaching hundreds of millions rupiah because fire destroys the house for nearly 90 percent and leaves only some valuables to be saved.
“Temporary allegation, the fire was triggered by electricity short-circuit,” stated Head of Operation Section for South Jakarta Fire and Disaster Handling Sub-Department, Edi Sucipto.