Fire burned tens houses in Pondok Bambu, Duren Sawit and Cipinang Muara Sub-districts, Jatinegara, East Jakarta, Monday (5/21). It was allegedly happened due to electrical short circuit.
" We estimate the fire happened due to electrical short circuit from resident's house"
Based on collected information, fire came from a rented house around 11.05 AM. But since there are many semi-permanent houses on the location, fire spread quickly and burned other houses.
East Jakarta Fire Handling and Rescue (Gulkarmat)'s Fire Control and Rescue Section Head, Gatot Sulaiman mentioned, fire was allegedly happened due to electrical short circuit.
"We estimate the fire happened due to electrical short circuit from resident's house," he stated.
His side deployed 14 fire trucks to extinguish the fire. It has been completely extinguished by personnel and currently is still in cooling process. Based on information on the field, 36 houses at RT 09/03 of Pondok Bambu and six houses in Cipinang Muara were burnt in this incident.