(Foto : Nurito / Beritajakarta.id)
Fire which burned 12 houses and 1 motor workshop on Jalan Kampung Sumur Utara, RT 10/10, Klender Urban Village, Duren Sawit, East Jakarta, Tuesday (1/30), has been extinguished. It is allegedly due to short circuit.
" There is no victim in this incident"
From collected information, fire came from resident house around 6.30 PM. Fire was quickly enlarged and scorched houses in densely populated settlement.
Hardi (42) a local resident said, residents on the neighbor tried to extinguish the fire.
"But it is hard to handle due to low equipment and fire becomes larger fast," he expressed.
East Jakarta Fire Handling and Rescue Sub-dept.'s Fire Control and Rescue Section Head, Gatot Sulaiman suspected fire caused by short circuit from one house.
"Fire got larger fast and burned 12 houses and one motor workshop. Fire is likely happened due to short circuit," he informed.
His side deployed 19 fire trucks to extinguish fire. Personnel were able to extinguish it for around 1 hour.
"There is no victim in this incident," he added.