Fire guts nine tenements in a densely populated area, Jl Bukit Duri Tanjakan, RT 05/11 Bukit Duri Urban Village, Tebet. Allegedly, it is due to an exploded gas stove in a citizen house.
" Api langsung membesar disertai ledakan. Sepertinya tabung gas dan sepeda motor yang ada dalam rumah"
Rudi (35), one of locals stated, fire broke out at around 10 AM. The flames came from one of houses and then grew up and spread to other buildings.
"Fire quickly larger and then I heard the sounds of explosions from gas stove and motorcycle," he expressed, Wednesday (9/7).
Section Head of Kebayoran Baru Sector II, South Jakarta Fire Handling and Rescue Sub-dept, Ridwan Efendi disclosed, to put out the flames, as many as 12 fire trucks sent to the scene and managed to control it at around one hour later.
"No casualty in the incident. And the loss is reaching tens of millions rupiah," he finished.