A fire devoured a Tanah Abang Block G Market on Jalan Fachrudin, Central Jakarta, Wednesday (3/18) morning. There was no casualty reported in the incident.
"At least three textile kiosks on the 1st floor of the market burned "
Yet, a security officer, Ari was wounded on his eyes after being hit by an iron when he was trying to help firemen to open the rolling door.
Head of Operation Section for Central Jakarta Fire and Rescue Handling Sub-Department, Muchtar Zakaria stated his sub-department got the fire report around 2.45 AM. He then immediately sent 10 fire trucks to the scene.
"At least three textile kiosks on the 1st floor of the market burned. We succeeded to put out the flames about an hour later," he said, Wednesday (3/18).
He told, fire was triggered by electricity short-circuit from one of kiosks. "The material loss is still unknown due to the kiosk owners are not at the scene," he revealed.